Monday, January 19, 2015

November 30, 2014



So this week was pretty good!   
My son and I have come to an agreement that the theme of our companionship is the scripture 
1 Nephi 4:6. 
 If you already know it you will laugh. If you don't know it look it up and then you will laugh.


We always have these great plans that we make the night before like we are supposed to and then the next day, nobody is home. People that said they would be there are gone or can't be taught until we go through our entire plan and have nowhere to go. Then we are left with the spirit, and he has not let us down!! 

I think one purpose of this is to help me trust the spirit more and I have learned that the spirit is talking to me a lot more than I thought!!! I have had some of the most powerful lessons of my entire mission in the past 2 weeks and none of it was planned.  We just prayed and followed the promptings we received.  

I know that no matter how good someone is at teaching or the amount of knowledge they have about the scriptures, it is worth nothing if the spirit is not there. All we have to do is trust in the Lord and we don't have to worry about anything. So my scripture for this week is found in Proverbs 3:5-6. Just trust in the lord and not in the "Arm of Flesh" as Nephi said and we will be taken care of!:) 

I have been taken care of here on the mission and before my mission, even if I didn't notice it. I am so grateful I am here on the Mission where I am learning how to better recognize the hand of the Lord in my life and in the lives of others! If we follow the Spirit and Keep the Commandments we can't go wrong because we have Our Heavenly Fathers Promise that "we will be blessed in all things both Temporal and Spiritual"   The Mission is Awesome!:)

Have a great week, and I LOVE you guys!!!

Elder Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment