Monday, January 19, 2015

December 7, 2014 Typhoon missed us again. Faith, Obedience and Knowledge



The Typhoon or Bagyo again did nothing here. The temperature got colder which was very nice but literally nothing happened haha.  So I am safe and sound!:) But The past couple of weeks I have been thinking a lot about how I want to know more and more about the gospel and about the Church. So, this week in one of my personal studies I had an awesome study and officially decided that I want to go to BYU for the Religious classes. Gospel Knowledge is so important and I want as much as I can get. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE personal study and wish I had more time haha.  Another reason is my personal study was about faith. I started with the question "How can you Judge or Measure your own faith" Well that led me to the Bible Dictionary about faith and Knowledge. My conclusion was that faith comes from and grows through obedience. And we can only be obedient to the things that we know are right. If we don't know about a principle of the gospel or about a commandment we can't be obedient to it. So our faith will grow as we are obedient to those things. So, if our knowledge about the gospel and commandments is limited it would also mean that our obedience would be limited because of our lack of knowledge.  And if our obedience is limited, it would also mean our capacity to obtain greater faith is LIMITED. So my Revelation was that "Our Faith is Limited to Our Knowledge" If we study and obtain greater knowledge there will be more for us to be obedient to, and as we are obedient to that knowledge our faith will grow and we will be a more capable servant of our Heavenly Father.
So especially because of this last week my desire to learn has grown so much. I am learning a lot here on the mission and want to and know I need to learn so much more!:) The gospel is amazing and I am so happy to be sharing the knowledge that I have with the people here.
Elder Suarez and I are doing well.  Right now we are focusing on the Branch being able to operate better to make our jobs more productive and efficient.
Members working together is key and I am learning that right now.  We are doing our best to help them improve and in the process I am improving more than I thought possible haha!

I love you and hope you are having fun and enjoying your personal studies as well.
The Gospel again is so AMAZING!!:)

Elder Ball

P.S. I wish that I could be helping put up the Christmas Lights to turn them on for Uncles Jeffs’ Birthday.  To remember him we have his favorite saying hanging up in our house to give motivation when having a hard time and to keep working hard even when it is hard to do so. 

"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it"

This is so true!

No comments:

Post a Comment