Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Feb. 9, 2014

Feb. 9, 2014

Hello from "It’s more fun in the Philippines" this week was pretty normal.  We really struggled with teaching this week most of our appointments fell through and we got rejected by more people than my entire mission! But I learned a very important lesson this week in church from a talk that our sub Mission President gave. He was talking about trials and about hard things in peoples’ lives and we all know that trails are to help build us an make us stronger and rely on the savior for our strength but he also said that trails are for us to be able to help others through those same trails. I had never thought about it that way before. If we rely on the Gospel and the Savior and come out of the trail stronger we are able to then be a tool in our Heavenly Fathers hand for his other children. It made me think about my own trials of hardships weather the will of God or brought on by myself that If I endure and rely on the Savior and always try to continue to be closer to him I will be in a position to help others later on and to help them see that we can get through everything with the gospel of Jesus Christ and that everything will be okay as long as we are obedient and follow our Older Brothers example. The saying "And they lived happily ever after" is not for this life, It is for the next. And I know that if we are all obedient look for ways to serve and never let go of that Iron Rod, we will all live Happily Ever After, and help others to do the same!
I Love You All,
Have a fantastic week!

Elder Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment