Tuesday, October 1, 2013

30-September-2013 Trials and Gratitude

30-September-2013

So another week has gone by! This week I really realized why we have trials and why some of us were born into such good countries and families while others have more trials and are born into families in 3rd world countries.

There is a quote I heard which I’m going to destroy but I will try my best. "Everyone has trials but it’s how we react and deal with them that counts. We can either let them build us up and make us better, or we can let them destroy us."

I am going to strive to let every trial I have build me and make me stronger and look at the things I am able to learn from it.

My testimony of the Atonement and of the Savior is so much stronger and I am so grateful to be able to live with my family forever in the next life. I honestly don’t know what I would do without them.  I am so grateful to be here on a mission and having the opportunity to be here, serving the Lord, and helping others. It has made me reflect a lot on my life and how I can improve. It has really strengthened my desire to be better and not compare myself to others but always look for ways that I can be better and ways that I can improve! I love this Church. I love this Work. And, I love the Philippines! Sorry this is short. I will have more next time!
 
My Mission President is awesome! He is a lawyer and has his own firm.  His wife is from Ogden and they live in California, I think!  
My companions’ family lives in Farmington Utah now. He loves singing and music.  He is way funny!  We teach around 25-30 lessons a week. We are really focusing on less actives because lots of people get baptized, but they never come to church after that so it’s really frustrating!  Everyone here is so nice that anyone you ask “can we come in?” will let us in. It’s kind of hard to find the people who really have potential because everyone lets you in! So, we try really hard to have the spirit with us so we can make an impact on everyone and increase their potential!
Regarding pictures, um don’t be upset but I left my bag with my camera in it at home and we are kind of far away. We don’t bring our bags with us when we are running errands.   I swear upon the holy name of Freestyle Skiing I will bring my camera next week?

I love you guys so much and all I want to do is make you proud! I look forward to Mondays, after I get off from reading your emails every week!   I hope you have a good week and you all are always in my prayers!!!  LOVE YOU!
Elder Ball

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment